Solo Mom & Kids Trip
June 10-17, 2018 | Adventure Together
Travel made for you
I’m thrilled to launch our Mom and Kids Trip – after all it is at the heart of how Nicaragua Immersion began. When Sam and I first traveled to Nicaragua he was just seven years old. I had left behind a full-time position and was taking the chance to go after a long ignored dream and felt very much alone in figuring everything out. It took us time and many adventures but it all worked out. In the different travel communities I’ve been part of since, I have heard from tons of solo moms that want to travel more with their kids but just don’t want to do it alone. Is that you?
So here it is, one solo mom and kid, creating a place where other solo moms and kids can join up to travel this amazing country together. We’ve found the perfect cozy apartments and coastal eco-lodge with refreshing pool & gardens, fun outings both moms and kids will love…think island boating, monkey sightings, volcano exploring, carriage rides and more. Plus lots of pool lounging for the moms, local drink samplings, and an evening out! I love traveling with Sam but after a few days I know I need a little time to myself and he a friend to play with…So ladies, come join us. Let’s do this together!
- Look into the depths of the active Masaya Volcano on the night tour
- Relax while connecting with other travel moms who can relate to you and your desire to expose your little person to the world
- Discover the tiny islands of Lake Nicaragua and all their creatures
- Swing in a hammock after a refreshing dip in the therapeutic waters of a crater lake
- Try your hand, and legs at paddle-boarding
- Experience the energy of Granada’s local market and see the locally sourced foods that feed this community
- Get your hands dirty as a local artist gives you a lesson at the pottery wheel!
- Horseback ride along Nicaragua’s spectacular southwest beaches
- Experience the traditional foods, dancing, and architecture surrounding one of the most well preserved colonial towns in Central America
- Learn about the chocolate making and do some sampling too! My son loved this class!
- Connect with new people as you meet friendly locals who openly share their culture with you and your little ones
- 8 days/7 nights of shared occupancy accommodations within host country. Five nights at luxurious family-run apartments, Two nights at jungle Eco hotel near beach. All rooms are simple and clean with drinking water, fan & private bath.
- Guided beach horseback ride
- Meals – All breakfasts included and additional meals where indicated
- Pool and Wi-Fi included at accommodations
- Motorcoach Transportation throughout tour, including airport pick up and drop off
- 24-hour support available in group travel guide
- Small Group Size – With just 7 families you’ll have a truly personal experience
- Excursions to: Las Isletas, Laguna de Apoyo, Volcano Masaya, San Juan del Sur (Pacific Ocean), Pottery Artists, Guided Horseback Beach Ride, and more…
*Package does NOT include your airfare, ticket fees, country entry and departure taxes, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, or personal expenses.
**Nicaragua Immersion reserves the option to modify trip itineraries as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, or other unforeseen incidents.
To protect your travel investment guests are strongly recommended to purchase travel insurance. There are many options but we trust World Nomads where you can receive an easy, online quote in just a few minutes.
You should be prepared for some light physical activity like climbing stairs, lifting up to 10 lbs and walking, up to a mile, in 90°F + temperatures.
Passports are required and must be valid for six months after your return date for all attendees.
Trip designed for moms (18+) and companion minor
ARRIVAL: Plan flights to arrive anytime on our first day; DEPARTURE: Plan departing flight to leave anytime on our final day
$1,800 USD per adult & child pair. Additional child $275. (Early Bird)
$2000 (After March 10, 2018)
Non-Refundable Deposit: $300 due at booking
Final Day to Register and Full Balance due: May 10, 2018
Space is limited to 7 families
Meet Your Hosts
Martha Nieset has an Masters in Sociology focused on communities and social change. Three years ago she and Sam (then 7 years old) moved to Granada, Nicaragua to shift gears. They both studied Spanish, engaged in the culture and community and adventured around the country. While working with a local non-profit connecting university students in service, culture and learning, Martha realized her love for connecting people with the local community, its culture, and natural wonders…that’s when she founded Nicaragua Immersion.
Sam is a warm-hearted, natural artist, a master of imaginative play, avid stick finder, creator of stories, enthusiastic swimmer and loves to dirty his hands on a pottery wheel! He recently tried his hand at acting and portrayed “the Prince” in Granada International School’s play, Cinderella!
For more information or to reserve your spot – Contact me here!
Nicaragua Immersion Cancellation/Refund Policy
REGISTRATION A nonrefundable deposit of $300 is required to hold your place. The remainder of the full balance is due by 60 days prior to the adventure start date. You will receive an invoice via email after placing your reservation with payment instructions. We accept all major credit cards. Arrangements can be made for payment plans within the timeframe.
TRIP There is a minimum of 5 participants to confirm the trip. If there are not enough participants, it may be cancelled and your deposit will be refunded. We recommend not purchasing flights until the trip is confirmed. Should a trip be cancelled, you will be contacted immediately and receive a full refund of all trip fees or be allowed to transfer to another equivalent trip. If you prefer a refund, then it will be given within 2 weeks of the cancellation. In the event of cancellation by Nicaragua Immersion we are not responsible for any expenses (travel or lodging) incurred beyond the registration fees. We strongly encourage you to purchase trip/travel insurance.
CANCELLATION If you must cancel your reservation for any reason within the 60 days before the trip start you will receive a 50% refund minus your deposit.
There will be no refunds given for any cancellation notices given within 30 days of a trip. If you have any questions about this policy please email email@example.com.