Experience “the new” Nicaragua
June 24 – July 1, 2018 | 8 days of Cultural Adventure
The amazing colonial town and ideal place to get to know the real Nicaragua. Some have called Nicaragua “the new Costa Rica” (as tourism is budding) but I prefer to simply think of it as the New Nicaragua. It’s not new of course, but for many visitors, just the thought of visiting is new because of it’s tumultuous history that seems to loom large, a bit too large, over it’s reputation. You’ll soon find that Nicaragua is so much more than it’s past, it’s a blooming mecca of cultural authenticity waiting to be engaged!
You will travel to an active volcano & relaxing crater lake, gorgeous beaches, hidden cool springs, eat locally sourced foods, learn about deeply traditional art, and friendly culture! Experience the wonder of the local markets, tour the lovely islands of Lake Nicaragua, and learn about the historic art of pottery-making with a local family of artists. Our adventure culminates with 2 glorious days exploring Nicaragua’s Pacific beaches.
So here we go…come get to know this country with me on this guided immersion!
- Look into the depths of the active Masaya Volcano on the night tour
- Relax while connecting with your community of travelers over shared new experiences
- Discover the Isletas (tiny islands) of Lake Nicaragua, their history and communities
- Swing in a hammock after a refreshing dip in the therapeutic waters of a crater lake
- Experience the energy of Granada’s local market and see the locally sourced foods that feed the community
- Get your hands dirty learning about the art of pottery-making and meet a team of artisans
- Surf and horseback ride along Nicaragua’s spectacular southwest beaches
- Experience the traditional foods, dancing, and architecture surrounding one of the most well preserved colonial towns in Central America
- Connect with new people as you meet friendly locals who openly share their culture and history
- 8 days/7 nights of shared occupancy accommodations within host country. Four nights at luxurious family-run apartments, One night at Lakefront resort, Two nights at jungle Eco hotel near beach. All rooms are simple and clean with drinking water & ceiling fan. Most rooms with private bath.
- Personalized Surf lesson – includes use of surf board on Maderas Beach & Guided sunset horseback ride along beach
- Meals – All breakfasts included from arrival dinner to departure breakfast and additional meals where indicated
- Pool and Wi-Fi included at accommodations (except lakefront location)
- Motorcoach Transportation throughout tour, including airport pick up and drop off
- 24-hour support available in group travel guide
- Small Group Size – We’re never more than 10 guests to give you a truly personal experience
- Excursions to: Las Isletas, Laguna de Apoyo, Volcano Masaya, San Juan del Sur (Pacific Ocean), Pottery Artists, Private Surf Lesson, Guided Horseback Beach Ride, and more…
*Package does NOT include your airfare, ticket fees, country entry and departure taxes, alcoholic beverages, gratuities, or personal expenses.
**Nicaragua Immersion reserves the option to modify trip itineraries as necessary due to weather, conditions, illness, injury, or other unforeseen incidents.
To protect your travel investment guests must purchase travel insurance. There are many options but we trust World Nomads where you can receive an easy, online quote in just a few minutes.
You should be prepared for some light physical activity like climbing stairs, lifting up to 10 lbs and walking, up to a mile, in 90°F + temperatures.
Passports are required and must be valid for six months after your return date.
Trip designed for ages 18+
ARRIVAL: Plan flights to arrive anytime on our first day; DEPARTURE: Plan departing flight to leave anytime on our final day
$1,699 USD per adult. (Early Bird)
$1,899 (After March 24, 2018)
Non-Refundable Deposit: $300 due at booking
Final Day to Register and Full Balance due: May 24, 2018
Space is limited to 10 adults.
Meet Your Host
Martha Nieset has an Masters in Sociology focused on communities and social change. Three years ago she moved to Granada, Nicaragua with her then 7 year old son. They both studied Spanish, engaged in the culture and community and adventured around the country. While working with VivaNicaragua!-Center for Social Justice and Cultural Understanding connecting university students in service, cultural engagement and learning opportunities in the Granada community Martha realized her love for this work and founded Nicaragua Immersion. Her mission is to connect travelers who want to make friends in the community, experience Nicaraguan culture, and all it’s natural wonders up close.
For more information or to reserve your spot – Contact me here!
Nicaragua Immersion Cancellation/Refund Policy
REGISTRATION A nonrefundable deposit of $300 is required to hold your place. The remainder of the full balance is due by 60 days prior to the adventure start date. You will receive an invoice via email after placing your reservation with payment instructions. We accept all major credit cards. Arrangements can be made for payment plans within the timeframe.
TRIP There is a minimum of 5 participants to confirm the trip. If there are not enough participants, it may be cancelled and your deposit will be refunded. We recommend not purchasing flights until the trip is confirmed. Should a trip be cancelled, you will be contacted immediately and receive a full refund of all trip fees or be allowed to transfer to another equivalent trip. If you prefer a refund, then it will be given within 2 weeks of the cancellation. In the event of cancellation by Nicaragua Immersion we are not responsible for any expenses (travel or lodging) incurred beyond the registration fees. We strongly encourage you to purchase trip/travel insurance.
CANCELLATION If you must cancel your reservation for any reason within the 60 days before the trip start you will receive a 50% refund minus your deposit.
There will be no refunds given for any cancellation notices given within 30 days of a trip. If you have any questions about this policy please email firstname.lastname@example.org.